- WoodWing Software partners with MEI to expand its footprint in the U.S. and Canada
- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
Page Director ALS Now Compatible with InDesign CS5, QuarkXPress 8.5
Add-on technology optimized to connect with the latest industry-leading layout solutions
Jenkintown, PA (December 20, 2010) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI), an Adobe premier development partner and a leading provider of software solutions for the publishing industry, today announced that Page Director® Ad Layout System 5.6.1, ALS for Magazines 5.6.1 and AdForce 5.6.1 are now available. MEI’s flagship product and its related technologies have been upgraded for compatibility with the latest pagination software from Adobe® and Quark®.
ALS 5.6.1 works with enhanced versions of MEI’s Ad Import plug-in and ALS XT, which allow users to export issues to Adobe InDesign® CS5 and QuarkXPress® 8.5, the most recent releases of the industry’s leading page-layout programs. For customers still running older versions, compatibility is also available for InDesign CS4 and QuarkXPress versions 8.0-8.5.
MEI has also updated its FiFi, Fido and Split & Folio XTs and plug-ins for compatibility with QuarkXPress 8.5 and InDesign CS5. FiFi and Fido restore file-path information for ad files after ALS pages have been imported so lost file links can be updated; Split & Folio lets users split up an InDesign or QuarkXPress document to deal out as single pages or page ranges while preserving the original file’s information.
New versions of ALS for Magazines, MEI’s automated ad-layout solution built specifically with magazines in mind, and AdForce, the company’s cost-effective advertising layout system for small- to mid-size publications, are also now available. Both programs boast the same new compatibility features as ALS 5.6.1.
“For more than 20 years, we’ve strived to improve the electronic ad-layout process with every new ALS release,” said Steven K. Haught, vice president of sales at MEI. “Version 5.6 offers publishers the freedom to work with the latest and most powerful tools in the industry, regardless of their preferred platform.”
Page Director ALS 5.6.1, ALS for Magazines 5.6.1, AdForce 5.6.1, FiFi XT 8.0, Fido plug-in 7, Split & Folio XT 8 and plug-in 7 are available now. Upgrades are free for most customers participating in MEI’s Premium Site Support program, which also offers specialized technical support. Other customers will be charged an upgrade fee. For more details, contact an MEI sales representative at 215-886-5662 or an authorized MEI distributor.
Managing Editor Inc. is a leading developer of quality, proven software for the evolving publishing industry. MEI specializes in providing versatile tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, e-readers such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone, and other electronic formats. The Page Director Series of Advertising and Classified Layout Systems, K4 Cross-Media Publishing Platform, Integrated Production Suite (IPS) and IPS AdTrac deliver automated pagination, workflow and digital asset management for newspapers, magazines and other publishing markets. MEI is an Adobe premier development partner and has twice been named a laureate of the Computerworld Smithsonian Collections. Additional information regarding MEI's products and services can be found at www.maned.com.