- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
MEI Helps University of Alabama Roll Out Enhanced iPad App Before Big Game
Jenkintown, PA (November 7, 2011) This weekend, the No. 2-ranked University of Alabama Crimson Tide hosted one of college football's biggest matchups. Thanks to Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe® premier development partner and leading provider of software solutions for the publishing industry, Alabama's iPad app was also at the top of its game before kickoff.
MEI today announced that its lineup of tablet experts helped the university release a new issue of its "Alabama Fan Guide" iPad app last week, ahead of Saturday's clash with the top-ranked Louisiana State University Tigers. Alabama drafted MEI's renowned designers to build an interactive team guide using the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite™.
MEI's contribution to the issue — titled "Alabama Gameday" — highlights each of Alabama's starters with a short bio, season recap, swipeable image gallery and more. The guide is split into Defense and Offense sections and allows the user to navigate based on the players' positions. All of MEI's development was done using Adobe InDesign® and DPS interactivity features.
"We're excited to have contributed to such a unique and useful publication for college football fans in advance of this huge matchup," said Dennis McGuire, CEO and president of MEI. "Alabama played a great game and put up a tough fight."
The University of Alabama's athletics department has been using Adobe DPS to build reader-friendly apps for several months. In addition to MEI's content, "Alabama Gameday" features video footage, recaps from each week of the season so far, interviews with players and staff, a game calendar, statistics and more. Past issues have focused on the university's soccer and women's volleyball programs.
The updated "Alabama Fan Guide" can be downloaded for free in the iTunes App Store. Past issues are also available. To get it, visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alabama-fan-guide/id468196381?mt=8.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print design, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction, and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio, animated infographics and more. DPS tightly integrates with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, empowering artists with industry‐standard page layout expertise to create highly designed, engaging digital content that rises to new levels of interactivity. In conjunction with the Folio Producer tools in InDesign CS5.5, DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.
Managing Editor Inc. is a leading developer of quality, proven software for the evolving publishing industry. MEI specializes in providing tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. The Page Director® Series of Advertising and Classified Layout Systems, vjoon K4™ Cross-Media Publishing Platform, Integrated Production Suite (IPS) and IPS AdTrac deliver automated pagination, workflow and digital asset management for newspapers, magazines and other publishing markets. MEI also provides expert training, consulting and design services for publishers, advertisers and corporate creative teams building content for tablets. MEI is an Adobe premier development partner and has twice been named a laureate of the Computerworld Smithsonian Collections. Additional information about MEI's products and services can be found at www.maned.com.