- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
MEI and Adobe provide platform for exclusive personalized travel app
Jenkintown, PA (September 10, 2012) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) today announced the launch of TCS & Starquest Expeditions' new iPad app. The private jet tour company worked side by side with MEI to build the app, which emphasizes user-specific content distribution made possible by MEI Portico™. The announcement marks another tablet publishing success story for MEI and the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™ (DPS). The app is available in the iTunes App Store.
An industry leader in world travel, TCS & Starquest Expeditions has been offering its clients platinum-standard journeys by private jet for more than twenty years. The company's educational expeditions accommodate up to seventy-eight passengers and last from two to three weeks each.
When TCS & Starquest Expeditions decided to make the move to tablet and build a digital venue for its print materials, the veteran travel provider chose MEI and Adobe: "At first we tried to build an app from scratch with different engineers, but it quickly became clear that we needed a less labor-intensive, more cost-effective option," said Taemi Lim, documentation and digital publishing manager at TCS & Starquest Expeditions. "Adobe DPS and MEI Portico gave us an off-the-shelf solution that allowed us to complete the process quickly and with our own design team."
MEI's DPS and Portico experts trained and worked alongside the travel tour company's team to install the software, build the app and submit the finished product to Apple. Portico allows the TCS & Starquest Expeditions administrators to present content specific to each group's expedition without needing to submit an update to Apple. Through a personal login, registered travelers gain access to specially tailored guides, personal travel itineraries and other exclusive folios.
If a traveler has signed on for multiple journeys with TCS & Starquest Expeditions, logging in to the Portico custom storefront ensures that he or she will have access to content that pertains to his or her history as a TCS & Starquest Expeditions customer.
"The iPad is a fantastic device for travelers" said Brett Kizner, director of product marketing at MEI. "TCS & Starquest Expeditions has harnessed the power of the MEI and Adobe platform to create a sophisticated, personalized experience for TCS & Starquest Expeditions' discerning customers."
The new app ensures that all TCS & Starquest Expeditions customers are equipped with exactly the information they need all in one place. The Portico-enhanced app assures that travelers receive the same level of individual attention from their digital travel guide that they expect from TCS & Starquest Expeditions.
Visit http://itunes.apple.com/app/tcs-starquest/id556115287?mt=8 to download the TCS & Starquest Expeditions app from the iTunes App Store.
About MEI Portico
MEI Portico works with the Enterprise edition of the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to build custom storefronts for your digital brand. For publishers who want to enhance their tablet output with functionality beyond the standard template, MEI’s creative services team can help develop specialized Porticos with custom features. For more details and purchasing information, contact an MEI sales representative at 215-886-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Visit www.maned.com for more information. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print design, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.