- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
Conference emphasizing cross-media and tablet markets convenes in Philadelphia
Jenkintown, PA (November 20, 2012) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI), an Adobe Systems partner and a leading provider of software solutions for the publishing industry, hosted its Pro Pub Summit™ 2012 on Friday, November 16. The conference focused on MEI's users of the vjoon K4 Cross-Media Publishing Platform along with the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™ (DPS). The Summit featured presentations and panels that covered a wide range of topics in cross-platform publishing. This year's Summit took place at The Hub, in central Philadelphia's Cira Centre.
The program stressed K4's ability to serve as a lynchpin for comprehensive multi-channel and digital-first production. MEI's Linda Bruce and Brett Kizner began the Summit by delivering a presentation detailing the ability of K4 version 6.4 to pair with the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite for streamlined, partially automated multiplatform workflows. vjoon CEO and founder Andreas Schrader was on hand, discussing the progress of the K4 platform and the new features to come in K4 version 6.5. Adobe's Stephen Hart and Andy Zivic delivered a presentation on the current state of the tablet marketplace and the DPS software's latest improvements.
The Pro Pub Summit included presentations from experts and hands-on users offering perspectives and pointers on how to get the most out of the publishing systems. The Pro Pub Summit drew representatives from major publishers from across North America — panelists from Condé Nast, Rodale Inc., Wenner Media, America's Test Kitchen and the American Bar Association were all in attendance. Attendees had the exclusive opportunity to hear from fellow K4 users regarding specialized configurations, best practices and helpful tips.
"We wanted to provide a forum for all of our valued customers," said Dennis McGuire, CEO and founder of MEI. "I think that the most important thing we can do is to maintain dialogue between Adobe, vjoon, MEI, and our customers. This year's summit was an unqualified success in guiding users to the full capabilities of the platform as well as in helping our technology partners accommodate users' needs."
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Visit www.maned.com for more information. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved.
vjoon K4 is one of the most innovative cross-media publishing platforms available in the market and lets you deliver your valuable content to any output channel — print, online, mobile, tablet. Based on the time- and cost-saving Unified Publishing Process, vjoon K4 provides the tools that allow your team to publish anywhere, smoothly and efficiently — whether you produce magazines, newspapers, sales materials, annual reports or books. Renowned customers worldwide and in configurations from 10 to more than 1,200 concurrent users benefit from this sophisticated solution. vjoon K4 is made in Germany by vjoon GmbH. For further information, please visit www.vjoon.com.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign®, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.