- WoodWing Software partners with MEI to expand its footprint in the U.S. and Canada
- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
Adweek introduces new digital edition, adds custom storefront and targeted landing views
Jenkintown, PA (November 8, 2012) Managing Editor Inc.(MEI) today announced the release of Adweek’s new iPad app. MEI, the Adweek team and Adweek’s parent company Prometheus Global Media worked together to create the digital edition. The app features a custom storefront and subscription fulfillment for readers, all made possible by MEI Portico™ and the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™(DPS) Enterprise edition.
A longstanding chronicler of global advertising, marketing and media, Adweek has been keeping its readers apprised of industry news since its first edition in 1978. The weekly’s coverage addresses all aspects of the advertising world, from campaigns and creative initiatives to relationships between clients and agencies.
Adweek’s editors wanted a native digital edition that would cater to their industry’s up-to-the-minute mindset. To integrate a solution that would give their print subscribers access as well as create a rich, versatile environment in which to serve up content, the magazine’s development team turned to MEI and its internal creative division Nervous Pixel.
“We had a top notch team working to seamlessly extend and enhance the experience of Adweek onto the iPad.” says Jim Cooper, executive editor. “This reinvention allows us to evolve at pace with the media we cover.”
"As experts in media, we know how important it is to reach our readers on all of the platforms they use to consume and share content,” says Adweek Publisher Erica Bartman. “We are excited by the opportunities that this new venture presents."
MEI’s Nervous Pixel team worked with Adweek’s creative group to develop a custom design for the publication’s landing page. The MEI Portico custom storefront enables Adweek administrators to control the homepage experience on the fly without the need to resubmit the app to Apple for an update. Within the storefront, users can search for specific issues, preview content prior to purchase and view the latest Adweek news.
“We think our work with Prometheus and their subscription fulfillment agency Cambey and West illustrates one of the major advantages of MEI Portico in customizing tablet editions,” said Mark Leister, senior vice president of business development at MEI.
“MEI Portico solves major technical hurdles for app publishers. Portico made it possible for Adweek to elegantly incorporate subscription management, search, news and issue previews, all within a customized experience that differentiates their app from others.” said Leister.
The Adweek app is available now in the iTunes App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adweek-magazine/id570229326?mt=8
About MEI Portico
MEI Portico works with the Enterprise edition of the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to build custom storefronts for your digital brand. For publishers who want to enhance their tablet output with functionality beyond the standard template, MEI’s creative services team can help develop specialized Porticos with custom features. For more details and purchasing information, contact an MEI sales representative at 215-886-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Visit www.maned.com for more information. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print design, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.