- WoodWing Software partners with MEI to expand its footprint in the U.S. and Canada
- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
New version of software allows customization of branded storefronts for apps
Jenkintown, PA (November 28, 2012) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) today announced MEI Portico™ version 2.0, the latest in the premier Adobe® development partner's lineup of solutions for publishers. The new version of MEIs custom storefront software for tablets was built to empower Adobe Digital Publishing Suite™ customers and is now available for purchase.
MEI Portico lets publishers create custom branded UIs for their mobile and tablet apps on Apple, Google Android, and Amazon Kindle Fire platforms. Custom storefronts enable multiple gateways for showcasing user-targeted tablet content within the app. App administrators can enable search capabilities and organize their DPS folios as they see fit, so that navigation is easy and readers can effortlessly find the issues they want or are entitled to. Portico allows publishers to override in-app purchases for authenticated subscribers, and enables restricted distribution capabilities for corporate and educational institutions using Adobe DPS as part of their digital communications strategy.
MEI Portico 2.0 introduces custom canvases to the original Portico toolbox. Rather than having to rely on templates for their storefronts landing view, designers can now create their own HTML designs to incorporate into an MEI Portico-driven interface. Using web design skills, designers have full control over every aspect of their apps look and feel from storefront layout to images, login pages to RSS or social media feeds, subscriber views to featured folios. And because administrators can launch canvases at a moments notice, implementing new features into your app can be completed without a time consuming app update.
"Custom canvases mean that DPS apps can take advantage of Porticos robust feature set without compromising their brands look and feel," said Brett Kizner, MEI's director of new product marketing. "Portico 2.0 has delivered greater flexibility with the ability for our customers to design their own app experience on their app landing page."
To see a sample of MEI Portico 2.0 in action, visit Adweek's new app at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adweek-magazine/id570229326?mt=8
About MEI Portico
MEI Portico works with the Enterprise edition of the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to build custom storefronts for your digital brand. For publishers who want to enhance their tablet output with functionality beyond the standard template, MEI’s creative services team can help develop specialized Porticos with custom features. For more details and purchasing information, contact an MEI sales representative at 215-886-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Visit www.maned.com for more information. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign®, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.